Connect with Viva & Co. on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. You can also sign up for our mailing list to get the latest news. Then again, you could just email us or even pick up the phone and call us – we love to talk turkey (or baloney).
99 Crown’s Lane, Suite 500, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5R 3P4
WORK WITH US: CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Senior WordPress Developer
- Strong understanding of PHP website development (3+ years work experience or equivalent educational experience)
- Expert background in WordPress development (theme and plugin development) (3+ years work experience or equivalent educational experience)
- Expert experience integrating 3rd party libraries, plugins, and APIs
- Solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Solid command of WordPress optimization techniques (WordPress image optimization)
- Solid understanding of version control systems (git)
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Highly competent at communicating technical issues and comfortable working directly with clients
- E-commerce (shopify/liquid) experience
- Email templating experience
- Willingness to work with little supervision, accuracy in estimating project timelines, and ability to meet deadlines
Bonus/Nice to Have
- Graphic design knowledge/interest in typography or past experience working with designers on comprehensive layouts and wireframes
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with other peoples’ code and interest in techniques for creating maintainable code
- Experience using MailChimp
- Experience with content management systems other than WordPress
Do you have a strong understanding of the entire WordPress web development process, including design, development, and deployment? Are you excited about the prospect of working with award-winning designers to create beautiful, highly customized websites?
Please send covering letter and resume to email@example.com. We regret that we can only respond to those inquiries that we feel are appropriate for the position.